One Pot Easy Mediterranean Chicken was created with friends! Cooking in a vintage kitchen, I was limited. But, wait til you taste the magic!
Mediterranean Chicken Recipe
I’ve been to Italy many times in my life, and one thing that I’ve learned about Italian and Mediterranean cuisine is that it’s simple.
Yes, there’s not a laundry list of ingredients. The ingredients that you choose are the best. And, that’s why you can keep the recipe simple.
Chicken in a Dutch Oven
I love using my Dutch oven. But, when we spend a long weekend with dear friends, I had an amazing Dutch oven.
Yes, it was a vintage Dutch oven. At least 90 years old. And, it was in perfect condition.
Creating and cooking this recipe in this Dutch oven really let me honor our friends’ family who’d served as missionaries and ministers all their lives.
Mediterranean Skillet Chicken
This Mediterranean skillet chicken is supposed to be uncomplicated.
If you want to add more seasonings, you could toss in lots of fresh herbs, basil, thyme, oregano, parsley. Chop it up and add when the chicken is almost done.
Yes, I would have done this had I had those fresh herbs, but, alas, there were none.
Another option is to add a dried Italian seasoning mixture.
When you get your deli olive mixture, get a variety of ingredients. All the flavors will come together and simply enhance the flavors in this chicken as they cook together.
One Pot Mediterranean Chicken
Now I love cooking in one pot or one pan.
So much so that I do it quite often. And, I have a collection of ideas for you!
Easy Italian Chicken Recipes
And, there are no shortages of Italian recipes, some with chicken, some not, in my stash of easy dinner dishes.
Holidays call for pizza and this is one of my tastiest Italian pizzas!
Italian Chicken Recipe
What are some of my favorite things to serve with Mediterranean or Italian chicken? Well, nothing like green beans, and these are Italian greens beans. Again, simple and easy!
Dutch Oven Roast Chicken
There’s also an option to cook this chicken in the oven. Preheat to 375, cover and cook about 45 minutes or until the chicken is 165 internal temperature.
Dutch Oven Chicken Breasts
What makes simple easy and few ingredient recipes tasty are the ingredients. And, these have to be the best that you can manage on your budget.
I chose organic plump chicken breasts that I knew would be full of flavor. There’s also no reason you can’t use a bone-in skin on chicken breast or chicken thighs. It’s all up to you and what might be on sale at your grocery store.
- 4 organic chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup white wine +1 cup water , chardonnay, can substitute chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups deli olive mixture plus oils
- Fresh Italian Parsley
- Heat a Dutch oven on medium high heat. Add the olive oil. and let it get hot.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place in the hot oil and pan sear on each side about 3 minutes or until you get some golden browning.
- Add the wine/water and deglaze pot.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Add the olive mixture. Cover and cook the chicken about 30-45 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165.
- When the chicken is completely cooked, shred apart with large forks.
- Garnish with lots of fresh parsley. Ready to eat!