Being the frugal gal I am, I hate to throw out anything unless it absolutely has to be tossed! Sometimes things get a little wrinkled, like fruit, or dried out, like bread, and you can re-invent them into something else, and no one has even a clue. That’s what I love about this recipe. You’re not only saving money, stretching those hard-earned bucks further, but those eating the ‘new’ dish probably think you started from scratch with some thing ‘fresh. Hey, for now, it’s just between you and me. My lips are sealed!
This chocolate cake was at one time mini-muffins. Since they weren’t eaten within a couple of days, they were, alas, getting dried out. So now they’ve been reinvented into something totally different. With just a few ingredients, you now have chocolate bites with roasted coconut.
For my chocolate lovers, another awesome recipe. Mystery recipe! Just click!
cream cheese chocolate cake bites
- Oven on Broil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 4-5 cups crumbled cake (day old, kind can vary, remove icing if on cake)
- 1 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese (room temperature)
- Chocolate Ganache
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Turn oven to broil. Spread coconut on the cookie sheet and about 8-10 inches from the broiler. Brown the coconut a few minutes. Take a spatula and blend and mix to brown evenly. Remove and let cool.
- Put the cake in a mixing bowl and crumble well. Add the cream cheese and work into the cake crumbles. Roll into balls a little smaller than a golf ball.
- Take the coconut and press into the balls well around all sides. Drizzle on the chocolate ganache. Put in refrigerator about an hour to 'set'. Ready to serve!
©ally’s kitchen intellectual property