Easy cake making is what I’m all about.
What is Easy Cake Making to Me?
Most of the time, I don’t want anything complicated. I sure don’t want cakes that take a lot of time to make and have multiple steps. Nor do I want anything that requires such preciseness that I have to be a scientist to execute. I also like to make cakes that I don’t feel guilty about eating, even cakes that might be good for breakfast! Admittedly, I would never have made it in a pastry chef program because I’m just not inclined with those immense precise detail skills. I call myself a ‘rogue’ baker. And, by this I mean I like my desserts and ‘sweets’ rustic and not too sweet. I want them to have some levels of healthiness in them, but still have that sweet craving satisfied when I take each bite. This lemon-blueberry-ricotta-casserole-cake is a perfect example of my baking style and the kinds of cakes that make me happy!
Here’s What I Love About this Cake?
- It’s super simple.
- It’s all done in one bowl.
- The steps are pretty darn self-explanatory.
- It’s moist and full of blueberries that burst with juiciness.
- It’s kind of like a cheesecake, but it’s not a cheesecake.
- There’s nothing better than lemon and blueberries as a combo and then add ricotta. Wow!
- It can be baked in a casserole dish.
- It freezes well. But, it will keep for several days refrigerated and covered well.