Boring salads be gone! The Best Mediterranean Green Pea Tomato Salad will let your palate escape to some far away place! No cooking. Healthy!
Simple Pea Salad
Peas, which have carbs, are carbs that I’ll eat any day!
Healthy Pea Salad
A lot of things make this one healthy pea salad.
Let’s talk about the sweet onions, the tomatoes, then we have garlic, lemon and fresh herbs, mint, parsley and thyme.
And, if you’re looking for more salads that definitely aren’t boring nor are they typical then take a gander at these:
Pea Salad without Bacon
I intentionally didn’t add bacon crumbles. Instead, I’m doing blue cheese crumbles.
Now, you can surely add bacon if you like, but for me, the protein that I’ll serve this pea salad with hits the spot!
Green Pea Salad
Green pea salad is a real Southern thing. Most of the time you’ll see grated cheddar cheese in it and more heavy on the mayonnaise.
We’re using just a few tablespoons of mayo, avocado mayo at that, and then rounding it out with extra virgin olive oil.
This Easy Healthy Fruit Caprese uses no mayo at all!
Pea Salad Healthy
Light and refreshing, this Mediterranean style green pea tomato salad is perfect by itself. I’d, of course, add some crusty hot baguette. But, if you want to top with grilled seafood. Oh, gosh, that would make you feel like you’re sitting at an outdoor cafe on the Adriatic, Mediterranean or some place other than where you are now!
Pea and Tomato Salad
Peas and tomatoes go together in my book. I love the sweetness of the peas and the juicy somewhat acid of the tomatoes. And, the cherry tomatoes are perfect for this recipe because they maintain their shape. And, they’re bite size!
Healthy Green Pea Salad
This healthy green pea salad has other options, too. If you want something ‘sweet’ why not add sliced red grapes or finely diced dates. Oh, gosh that would add a real Middle Eastern flair to it.
And, isn’t that what food and eating is all about. The flair! Venture into the new and unknown. It keeps you young and vibrant, plus might just put a kick in your step!
- 2 garlic cloves, minced and mashed in bowl
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbl. avocado mayonnaise
- 1/2 large lemon, juice only
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. coarse ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red chili flakes, optional
- 1 cup sweet onions, thinly sliced, half French cut
- 1 1/2 cups green peas, previously frozen
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in halves
- 1/4 cup flat parsley, rough chop
- 3 Tbl. fresh mint, rough chop
- 2 Tbl. fresh thyme, rough chop
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles + more for serving
- In a small bowl, mash the garlic well. Add the olive oil, mayo, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and red chili flakes. Whisk together well.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the onions, peas, tomatoes, parsley, mint, thyme and blue cheese. Give a quick toss to blend ingredients.
- Drizzle on the dressing and toss and blend Ready to serve!
1. This keeps well refrigerated for a day or so.
2. If you're not serving immediately, hold off on tossing in the blue cheese crumbles until right before serving.
3. There are other adds that you might consider: diced dates for a chewy sweet pop, chopped walnuts for more crunch, smoked crushed salted almonds. Let your imagination explore new flavors!