aussie lamb strawberry arugula pizza
This is a sponsored post in partnership with True Aussie Beef and Lamb. Bring home the flavors of Spring with these other great recipes from True Aussie Beef and Lamb!
In the busy hectic world of living, we’re all looking for simple, easy recipes to create on weeknights. But, we not only want them simple and easy, we want the healthy and nutrient dense. Nothing fills this bill more so than this Aussie Lamb Strawberry Arugula Pizza! And, finding True Aussie Lamb is as easy as putting in your zip code!
A Quick Look at Lamb
Lamb is considered a kind of red meat, and the meat of lamb means that this meat is produced when the sheep is under a year old. Lamb is a protein and nutrient rich food with many vitamins and essential minerals. Lamb’s very tender and has a mild taste.
While lamb’s low in fat content, the fat of lamb comes primarily from equal parts of saturated and monunsaturated fat, which is the main fatty acid in olive oil. Since lamb has a higher omega-3 content than most meats, it’s extra good for you. But, there’s one caveat, make sure your lamb is pasture-raised, like True Aussie lamb is, and you’ll be getting even better omega-3 nutrients.
Here’s something really interesting about lamb that the website Healthline points out:
- Like other types of meat, lamb is primarily composed of protein.
- The protein content of lean, cooked lamb is usually 25-26% (1).
- Lamb meat is a high-quality protein source, containing all of the essential amino acids needed for the body’s growth and maintenance.
- For this reason, eating lamb, or other types of meat, may be especially beneficial for bodybuilders, recovering athletes, and post-surgical patients.
- Simply put, eating meat promotes optimal nutrition whenever muscle tissue needs to be built up or repaired.
Lamb for This Recipe
The nice thing about this recipe is that you have some choices in cuts of lamb you want to use. Boneless leg of lamb would be perfect for this recipe. You can simply section off a small part of that leg of lamb, pan sear it then slice it thinly, more tender, for the pizza. Buying True Aussie boneless leg of lamb, which can be packaged in larger quantities, allows you to do different cuts, like cubing for stew or soup, and create a variety of recipes. And, having it boneless meals a little less work for you in preparation. And, we’re all looking for ways to save time, energy and effort in the kitchen.
It’s really important to know a little about the cuts of lamb, so you choose the right cooking style and technique for your delicious lamb! A good rule of thumb to remember is that as the distance from the head and hoof increases so does the tenderness of the cut.
Why This Recipe is Perfect for a Weeknight Dinner
- First and foremost, it’s undeniably healthy.
- It’s simple and requires minimal cooking skills.
- You can choose your own kind of cheese for the crust.
- You use a refrigerated pizza crust that sames time.
- It’s got that elegant look and feel with the practicality of a weeknight meal.
Here’s to making lamb your weeknight go to for a fabulously delicious and easy meal! And, if you’re looking to #BeAussome with a burger, here you go. My Lamb Burger! xox ~ally
aussie lamb strawberry arugula pizza
I never had lamb on a pizza, but since I love pizza and lamb, so I am so much loving your recipe, always something new and creative over here! 🙂 <3
Hadia…I’d never had lamb on pizza either, and I’m telling you, it’s aahhhmazing! I think you’ll love love it! Sending lamb love to you! xo ~ally
What a fabulous pizza!!
Toni! Thank you! I must say, it was one of the best pizzas I’ve ever tasted!! ANd, so stinkin’ simple!!