Thanks to Dole Sunshine for partnering with me for this peach caprese post!
All the opinions and creativity are solely mine. Full disclosure, click here!
I know you’ve had ‘puzzle gut’. Yes, that’s the situation you’re in when you want something to eat, but you don’t know what you want to eat. Recently I was talking to my Chef friend, Steve of Chefter. How this topic came up, I can’t remember. But, I do recall, he said that his young daughter came up with four questions to ask when you’re in the ‘puzzle gut’ mode.
Do you want hot or cold?
Do you want sweet, savory, spicy of a combination of these?
Do you want a little or a lot?
How much time do you have?
I actually thought these were genius questions that help you get to the heart of the puzzle gut matter. And, I applied those questions to this recipe when I was creating it and in my puzzle gut mode. Yes, this ‘peach caprese’ is what I ended up with, and I must say, it is spectacular and satisfied my cravings plus filled my belly.
Since I totally love love the traditional tomato caprese, I knew I’d absolutely love swapping out the tomatoes for Dole Sunshine’s sweet always perfect natural nothing there but the Mother Nature peach slices. It’s a real creative change from tomatoes, brings on a slightly sweet touch, but still gives me the feeling of caprese on a grilled piece of artisan bread. Some may consider this a crostini, and that works, too. It’s just so refreshing and tasty that you could serve this for dessert too. You might want to swap out the grilled bread for a slice of grilled pound cake!
Remember, next time you have puzzle gut. Ask yourself those four questions. You’ll not be spinning in pandamonium, eating more than you should and still not be happy. You’ll hone in on what you really want and beat that puzzle gut dilemma!
- Preheat oven to 425
- 3 slices (3-4” lengths) to bake French bread (usually found in a store’s deli)
- 4 oz. mozzarella, sliced into thin slices
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 15 Dole Sunshine frozen peaches, slightly thawed (choose the prettiest slices from the bag, then return remainder to freezer)
- 3 tsp. extra virgin olive
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 Tbl. Fresh sweet basil, sliced
- 1 Tbl. Fresh mint, chopped
- ½ lemon, juice
- Put the bread slices on a cookie sheet. Add equal amounts of mozzarella to each. Sprinkle with cinnamon (I put the cinnamon in the palm of my hand then hold my hands up about 8-10” above the pieces and gently rub my palms and ‘dust’ the cheese.) Sprinkle on the salt.
- Place 5 frozen peach slices each on the mozzarella. Gently push into the cheese to secure.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes in a preheated 425 oven. Remove and drizzle equal amounts of olive oil and honey on each slice.
- Add the basil and mint then give each a squirt of fresh lemon juice!