There’s nothing more inviting and helpful than an easy cake recipe! One that cuts a few corners, saves you some time, but gives you that end product that you’re so very proud of. This apple parfait bundt cake is just that! There are actually two steps. Step one is with the food processor. Step two is the mixing bowl. Then pour this luscious batter in your bundt pan, and you’re in business.
If you’ve never used Dole’s frozen fruits, then you’re gonna be in for a big ol’ surprise. Not only are they picked and packaged at the height of perfection, but the selection is excellent. Mangoes. Raspberries, Blueberries. Strawberries. Bananas. And, they now have Spicy Cinnamon Apple slices! And, these apple slices have just the right hint of ‘heat’ and spice that wakes up your palate unexpectedly.
Creaming these apple slices with heavy cream in the food processor gives the cake a moistness and tenderness that otherwise wouldn’t be achieved. Yep, the butter helps, too, with the rich depths of flavor! I suppose the hardest thing about this recipe is making sure you’ve got that bundt pan well greased and floured, so the release is flawless when it is done and cooled. I’m thinking this cake would freeze well, too, so make some up and pull out when you need a quick dessert or treat!
- Preheat oven to 350
- 1 bag (14 oz.) Dole Cinnamon Apple Slices, somewhat thawed, divided
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 8 Tbl. butter, salted and melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbl. vanilla
- Cake Mix (16.5 oz.), store bought, white or yellow
- Put all but about three-fourths cup of the cinnamon apple slices in a food processor with the heavy cream and butter. Pulse until it is a creamy mixture.
- Pour this mixture into a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs and cake mix. Use a hand mixer and blend for about two minutes starting on low speed and increasing to medium.
- Pour into a well greased and floured bundt pan. Bake in a preheated 350 oven for about 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean.
- Remove to a cooling rack and cool completely before removing.