Why wait until peaches are in season to make this sour cream peach cobbler! You can find the most perfect delicious and tasty peach slices from Dole Sunshine right in your grocery store. Whether they’re canned, jarred or frozen, they’ll work in this recipe.
Something About my Baking
Now, I’m not one to make a lot of super sweet gooeeey ooooeeey dessert recipes. Most of my creations, which I call rustic and organic meaning they might not be that ‘pretty and perfect’ but, dang, they’re good, are super easy and quick. That’s because I listen to you when you tell me that you want to bake but you don’t want complicated. You want to be in the kitchen, but you don’t want to be a slave to the kitchen. And, you want ‘homemade’ desserts, but you want them with easy simple ingredients and steps.
This sour cream peach cobbler is all of those things wrapped up into one cobbler! And, if you’re looking for homemade crazy good and insanely simple ice cream, well, look no further. Churn free. And, guaranteed to please! Orange ginger ice cream! xoo ~ally
- Preheat oven to 375
- 2 refrigerated pie dough roll ups, about room temperature
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 6-7 cups canned/jarred peaches, drained well
- Freshly zested nutmeg, can use ground nutmeg spice
- 2 Tbl. sugar
- Grease a pie dish well. Put one of the pie crusts in the bottom letting the edges flop over the sides.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together one egg and one egg yolk (reserve egg white), sour cream, vanilla and salt. Pour into the pie dish.
- Arrange the peach slices in this sour cream mixture on top. Dust liberally with zested nutmeg.
- Take the second pie crust and put on top. Pinch together all around the pie crusts joining the two.
- Make two small slits in the top of the crust. Use a pastry brush and coat with some of the remaining egg white. Sprinkle on top the sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 375 for about 50 to 55 minutes or until the top is a beautiful golden brown.
- Remove. Let it cool somewhat. Serve immediately.
OH, vanilla ice cream or whipped cream is a must on this cobbler!
The cobbler can be covered and sit in a cool place overnight. Refrigerate any longer amount of time.
©ally’s kitchen intellectual property