Killer Good Spicy Taco Meatloaf is the kind of recipe that others ask for right after eating it! It’s gonna be your go to meal! Hands down!
Meatloaf. The quintessential comfort food. Sure, Mom or Grandma made a good meatloaf, but this spicy tacko meatloaf is the BEST meatloaf.
Now, I’ve got some other meatloaf recipes that will, indeed, make you a meatloaf lover. Just ask my husband, Ben, who grew up on bland meatloaf weekly, swore he hated it, then tasted my versions and become a meatloaf lover again.
Spices for Meatloaf
Spices for this meatloaf are super simple. We’re using a package of taco seasoning mixture. I use one package per about every 1.5 pounds of meat. And, whether you choose the classic, mild or hot version of taco seasoning, you’re gonna love it.
And, if you want even more spicy, try my Cajun meatloaf!
Recipes for Old-Fashioned Meatloaf
Recipes for old-fashioned meatloaf are usually meat, eggs, breadcrumbs or oats, maybe a few spices and diced onions, salt and pepper and a lot of ketchup on top when baking.
That’s a good meatloaf, especially if you’re able to keep it moist inside. However, to make it killer good, you need a few more things in the mix.
Easy Taco Meatloaf
This easy taco meatloaf is all about some interesting ingredients, like the Cubanelle peppers! Killer Good Spicy Taco Meatloaf has those little extra ingredients that just make it uniquely different and your tastebuds know it immediately!
You could certainly use my Mexican Style Meatballs recipe and instead of making meatballs, make a meatloaf!
Taco Meatloaf Recipe
Another thing that sends this meatloaf over the top is the topping. You’ll see that it’s much more than ‘just ketchup’ or ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. It’s thick. There’s a lot of it. And, it’s generously slathered on top!
Mexican Meatloaf with Salsa
Now in my topping I’m using pico de gallo and a salsa verde. Wait til you taste the difference in the flavors. Then add the other ingredients and simple blend together.
Adding this substantial amount of topping to the meatloaf helps seal in the moisture as it’s baking.
Recipe for Mexican Meatloaf
Nothing’s more Mexican and Latin than tacos, and if you get tired of Taco Tuesday, well, now you have this fabulously easy taco meatloaf recipe for ‘Meatloaf Monday’!
Easy Mexican Meatloaf
This easy taco meatloaf recipe will become a family favorite. I’ve served it to at least twenty folks and it’s always a hit.
It’s meatloaf elevated. Chic meatloaf. Meatloaf with attitude and style! Be sure you let it cool somewhat before slicing!
- Preheat oven to 375
- 1 lb. ground beef, grass-fed
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 lb. ground chorizo
- 2 packages (1 oz.) taco seasoning
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup Cubanelle peppers, small dice
- 1 cup onions, sweet, small dice
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup flat parsley, chopped, packed
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped, packed + more for garnish
- 1 ½ cup saltines, crushed finely
- 1 (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 cup fresh pico de gallo, store bought
- ½ cup green chili salsa, can substitute salsa Verde
- 1 Tbl. mustard, classic yellow
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the meats and blend together with your hands.
- Add the taco seasoning, salt, pepper, peppers, onions, eggs, parsley and cilantro and blend.
Add the crushed saltines and work into the mixture well.
- Put the meat in a large cast iron skillet and mold into a large loaf. Size will be about 8 x 10 inches and about 2.5-inch depth.
- Create on the top somewhat of an indented surface (like a shallow pool) with an edge (meat) about an ½” edge around.
- Blend together the topping ingredients. Slather on top the meatloaf in the ‘pool’ area.
- Cook in a preheated 375 oven for about 60 to 70 minutes. Internal temperature should be about 155 to 160. Please use a digital thermometer and check.
- Remove and let the meatloaf rest and cool about 7-8 minutes. Slice and serve.