How do chicken soup and chicken marsala go together? Well, let me quickly explain! One of my most favorite Italian dishes is chicken marsala mean when I go to a really authentic Italian restaurant, that’s what I oftentimes order, and even when I go to a great chain restaurant like Carabbas Italian Grill, yep, it’s chicken marsala for me!
Chicken Soup Help
Since I’d seen a new Campbell’s product at the store (yes, new for me), their packaged marsala sauce, I thought I’d give it a whirl in a new twist. Using this sauce in a in a chicken soup! I mean I could put all the essential things into a traditional chicken soup. Then use this marsala sauce and make it even better by adding more mushrooms. That’s really the big drawback of this sauce. It’s rather skimpy on the mushrooms. And, that’s what makes chicken marsala, chicken marsala! Otherwise overall, this sauce has nice flavors and it made the making of this soup pretty painless and easy. Sometimes life just calls for that, right? It’s ok to simplify your life, take some shortcuts and eat at home cooking it in your own kitchen rather than not doing so because you detest being chained to the kitchen!
Here’s to peace and making life easier! xoxo ally
PS~Check out some other great Italian dishes I’ve morphed into soups!
- 4-5 cups chicken meat, shredded and chopped (a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store is perfect)
- ½ cup chopped sweet onions
- 4 cups chicken broth (divided)
- 1 (9 oz.) package Campbell’s Marsala Skillet Sauce (after pouring out, rinse the container with ½ cup water and use in the soup)
- 2 cups wide egg noodles
- 1 Tbl. Corn starch + 1 Tbl. Water, mixed into a paste
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms (optional)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. red chili flakes
- ½ cup rough chopped fresh basil and flat Italian parsley
- Put the chicken, onions, two cups of chicken broth, the marsala sauce (plus water to rinse out the package) into a large stew pot over medium heat. Let this cook about 30 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, add the egg noodles and cook another 30 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium and drizzle in the cornstarch mixture; this will thicken the broth somewhat then add the remaining chicken broth, blend, reduce heat to low, cover with a lid, and let the noodles absorb the sauce/broth for about 15 minutes.
- Finally, add the celery, mushrooms (optional because the sauce has a some--not many though),salt, and chili flakes and let the soup cook on low another 20-30 minutes. About 15 minutes before serving, toss in the fresh basil and parsley, blend, and let this just simmer another 10 minutes. You want the herbs to remain a nice bright green when serving.
Campbell's Chicken Marsala Sauce is available at most grocery stores like WalMart, Krogers, Lowes Food Stores, Food Lion, etc., and on Amazon.com.