One of my most popular recipes is chicken marsala soup. OMG! If you haven’t tried it, then you want to! Here’s the link. I mean this recipe gets huge traffic per my Google analytics! So, I thought, why not build on something that’s popular. Something that people like obviously. Something that would be another version of this great Italian dish, chicken marsala. Yes, that’s how I came up with this recipe, chicken marsala mushroom stew. It’s a spinoff of the iconic chicken marsala!
This chicken marsala mushroom stew is so simple to make. It’s all about just having your ingredients ready and the few steps of preparation before you put it in the oven to roast into a marvelously delicious stew. From just a few ingredients, you get the most gloriously delicious depths of flavor. And, like most stews, soups, sauces, it’s better on days two and three. That is, IF there’s anything left to eat!
You decide how you want to serve this dish. With pasta? Yes, that’s what I chose. A nice al dente linguine that was tossed in basil pesto. Simple. And, perfectly paired with the chicken marsala gravy and chicken. If you want risotto or rice, then that would be a nice pairing. And, just imagine for a moment, creamy garlic mashed potatoes topped with the chicken marsala stew. OMG, I’m heading to the kitchen now! Enjoy my foodie peep luvs!!
- Preheat oven to 375
- ¼ cup bacon drippings
- 3 lbs. chicken, about half and half skin on and bone in thighs and boneless and skinless breasts
- ½ cup Marsala cooking wine
- 1 (12 oz.) organic cream of chicken soup (I used Pacific brand.)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tbl. Italian dried seasoning mixture
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 8 oz. mushrooms, shitake and baby bellas
- Fresh flat parsley
- Shaved Parmesan
- Use a large Dutch oven pot with lid. Put the bacon drippings in and turn heat to medium high. When hot, add the chicken and brown on all sides cooking about 10 minutes. Move the chicken around to brown all pieces.
- Add the Marsala cooking wine and let it cook about 2-3 minutes. Add the cream of chicken soup, chicken broth Italian seasoning, garlic slices, salt and pepper. Blend well.
- Cover with a lid and roast in a 375 preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove and add the mushrooms. Blend into the mixture. Return to the oven for about 15 minutes. Remove and ready to serve.
- Garnish with fresh flat parsley and shaved Parmesan.
Serve with your favorite pasta.
Serve with grilled veggies.