Oh, the convenience and deliciousness of the slow cooker! Yes, slow cookers or crock pots can revolutionize your meal preparation especially if you’re not one to want to stay in the kitchen and putz around with cooking!
The flavors in this recipe are just divine! You’re going to love the tender chicken that literally falls off the bone. And, the array of vegetables is endless. And, you know full well, you can vary the vegetables called for in this recipe to your liking. If you want to add an Italian veggie medley, go for it. If you want soup veggies, have at it! That’s the fun part of cooking, making it your own. Tweaking a recipe to your liking.
Another couple of caveats with this recipe. If you want to skip the first step of browning the chicken, you can, but I like this golden brown on the skin. Also, if you want to use boneless skinless chicken, certainly you can. But, you just won’t get the depth of flavor that chicken on the bone gives when slow cooked. Finally, if you do use the bone in chicken, then after it’s cooked you can use tongs and separate the meat from the bone and discard these bones.
Be sure to have some great small bowls of garnishes. I love sliced green onions. And, we enjoyed the crunch of chow mein noodles on our servings. Next time, I think I’ll use the fried onions that come in a can or maybe roughly chopped and crushed almonds. It’s great to have some texture variety! Enjoy my luvs! And, just leave the kitchen and go about your business as your house begins smelling heavenly! xoxo
world’s best slow cooker sesame garlic chicken
- Serves: 6+
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 2 ½ lbs. chicken, breasts and thighs, skin on, bone in
- 1 ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 ½ tsp. coarse ground pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock, divided
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced in half moon rounds
- 1 pouch (11 oz.) Campbell’s Skillet Sesame Chicken Sauce
- 1 serrano pepper, dried, whole (do not cut open)
- 1 lemon, cut in thin slices
- 1 (8 oz.) water chesnuts, drained
- 1 (10.8 oz.) bag frozen Bird’s Eye Steam Fresh Asian Medley
- 1 cup baby carrots, sliced lengthwise in halves
- 8-10 pickled baby corn pieces
- 1 Tbl. sesame seeds
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat, put the sesame oil. Let it get hot. Coat both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Put in the hot oil, skin side down first. Let it brown about 5-6 minutes.
- Use tongs and remove the chicken to a plate. Deglaze the skillet with one cup of the chicken stock. Put into the slow cooker.
- Add the sliced onions to the slow cooker and the chicken sauce. Rinse the Campbell’s pouch with the remaining chicken broth, stir and pour into the slow cooker. Blend the liquid well. Add the serrano pepper.
- Use the tongs and place the chicken in the slow cooker liquid. Top the chicken with the lemon slices.
- Cover and cook on high for three hours.
- Move the chicken to the side and add the water chestnuts, Asian Medley blend, and carrots . Blend into the sauce. Cover and cook another 30 minutes. Before serving blend in the pickled corn pieces. Garnish with the sesame seeds.
- Ready to serve!
©ally’s kitchen intellectual property