Probably the easiest side dish ever! Just 3 ingredients! And, you think you’re eating something gourmet that took hours to make! Big healthy!
Cauliflower in Oven
Looking for an easy quick and effortless way to prepare cauliflower? Then heat up the oven because it’s a great no mess option!
Best Roasted Cauliflower
If you’ve not a cauliflower lover, you will be with just one bite of this red curry cauliflower.
Tender al dente bites of meaty, yes, meaty, cauliflower are the perfect side for any protein. Or if you’re vegan or vegetarian, then this recipe will be one of your regular go tos!
Roasted Cauliflower Curry
Roasted cauliflower curry seems like an intricate dish. Just hearing the words might make you think that it’s too complicated to make. Way above your cooking pay grade.
But, not to fret. It’s not. I promise.
Recipe for Roasted Cauliflower with Curry
What’s going to make this recipe so ridiculously easy is the red curry paste you’ll be using. And, I’d definitely use Thai Kitchen brand. Click here.
Order from my Amazon Storefront. Order several bottles because I have lots of red curry recipes using this ingredient!
Oven Roasted Cauliflower Curry
At the high temperature, 425, this cauliflower is going to tenderize and cook beautifully. Now I like somewhat of a golden browning or charring on my finished cauliflower, and that’s why I finish the cooking process under the broiler.
Remember also the thickness of your cauliflower steaks also affects how long you need to cook them. My head of cauliflower was kind of small, so I was only able to get a couple of ‘steaks’ sliced and the rest of the cauliflower flowerets kind of broke off. I left them whole.
Thai Red Curry Cauliflower
To make the paste more spreadable and also to help with the flavor and cooking, you’ll mix the thick red curry paste with olive oil. Slathering on isn’t really an art. It’s a process of just getting your cauliflower covered in the spreadable paste. Try using a small plastic basting brush to help spread. Regardless of how you do it or how it looks, I promise it’s going to be absolutely unequivocally delectable!
Thai Cauliflower Steaks
Nothing’s more scrumptious than cauliflower steaks. The key to these steaks lies in the size of your cauliflower head. Try to find one that’s large, round, firm.
Cutting it can be tricky. After removing the leaves, slice the bottom making a flat surface. Be sure now to rinse and wash the whole head, pat it dry. Now you’re ready to cut.
Place the cauliflower on a clean doubled kitchen towel. Slice through the middle. Then slice each half into a couple of about an inch thick steaks. With any small flowerets that have fallen off, just put on the cookie sheet and give them some red curry love, too.
- 1 head cauliflower, small to medium size, cleaned and cut into 1.5" to 2" slices
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil + extra for serving
- 4 Tbl. red curry paste
- Sea salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh herb mixture, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425
- Place the cauliflower steaks on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl, blend the olive oil and red curry paste.
- Slather this red curry mixture on the cauliflower steaks. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast in a preheated 400 oven for about 14-16 minutes. Then turn oven to BROIL (sheet pan should be about 10-12" from broiler) and finish for browning/charring broiling about 3-5 minutes (or to your preference).
- Sprinkle with the fresh herbs. Drizzle with more EVOO if desired. Serve immediately.