All you need with this pea grape coleslaw & bleu cheese crumbles is a piece of meat, or if you don’t want that then just add some nuts for more protein, crunch and flavor! Keep in mind that this is not your typical expected coleslaw, but I guarantee you’re gonna love it! And, if you’re looking for great packaged coleslaw, check out this brand!
Not only is this coleslaw a far cry from the traditional that you usually think of, it’s a meal of bursting flavors with the juicy grapes and sweet peas. Then you’ve got that crunch and cream tangy balsamic and bleu cheese, oh, yeah, that’s totally optional, luvs!
This salad is one that will ‘keep’ for a couple of days. It’s something that gets better on day two and will be a great ‘go to’ salad on day 3, if there’s any left!
Belly up to the table and see what I’m talkin’ about! ~peace & cabbage love~ xoxo
- 1 (16 oz.) package shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 cup red grapes, sliced lengthwise in halves
- 1 (10 oz.) package thawed petite peas
- 1 Tbl. butter
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic granules
- 1 tsp. dried onions, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbl. mayonnaise (low fat)
- 3 Tbl. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles (get a really good brand like Maytag), can substitute goat cheese
- Put the coleslaw in a large mixing bowl. Put the peas and butter in a microwavable dish, add 1/4 cup water, cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Remove, let steam for 2 minutes, take off lid, toss and blend, drain off water, and let the peas cool about 10 minutes, then add to the coleslaw mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, garlic, dried onions, olive oil, yogurt, mayonnaise and balsamic vinegar and blend together well. Drizzle on the coleslaw mixture, toss and blend really well.
- Refrigerating for a while makes it better, but you can serve immediately if your food seekers are hungry and can't wait!
Quickly saute some shrimp and top on each serving. Makes a meal!
Grilled chicken also very yummy! Two thumbs up!