Some leftover coffee from the morning’s pot can become an afternoon chocolate cinnamon iced coffee with just a tad bit of creativity! Or this can be an after dinner drink that’s really like your dessert~you decide. Inspiration for this came because Ben and I had just done a 20 mile bike ride, and he was already in the “back 30” (also known as our 3×10 garden) harvesting some rhubarb in the hot sunshine. I wanted to give him something special, plus I really hated throwing out the coffee!
Now you know very well that a drink like this will probably cost you at least 3 bucks at one of those trendy coffee shops. Once you make it yourself, you’ll be hard-pressed to pay those big bucks knowing that it’s just a few ingredients, shake shake shake, pour over ice and sip sip sip! ~peace & namaste~ ally xoxo
chocolate cinnamon iced coffee
- 2 cups brewed strong coffee, cooled
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. chocolate extract
- ½ cup Kahlua or Bailey’s (optional)
- 6 cups ice cubes
- 4-6 whole strawberries
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Put the brewed coffee in a quart jar with a lid. In a microwaveable bowl, put the sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon and chocolate extract and blend together well.
- Cover with a paper towel and warm on high for 30 seconds. Remove and stir again. Pour into the coffee, add the Kahlua or Baileys, put on the lid and shake well.
- Fill the glasses with ice cubes and pour. Slice the strawberry in the middle almost to the top. Slide on the rim of the glass (or cup) as garnish. Whipped cream is optional!
©ally’s kitchen intellectual property