Spices. Yes, they spice up your life. But, spices do more than make life more fun, so to speak or make food tastier. Spices, I’m talking about the real spices that you use with seasoning and flavoring your foods, actually have huge medicinal value. So, anytime you can work in spices into your recipes, do it! For your health’s sake!
Cinnamon seems to be a favorite spice of so many. And, in the U.S., we typically use cinnamon in sweet dishes, desserts, pies, puddings, cakes, cookies. But, in the Middle East and other cultures, cinnamon is used in savory dishes with vegetables and meats. And, it is soooooooooooooooo good! It adds a hint of warmth that just elevates to the dish to the next level! Now, I love sprinkling cinnamon on just about everything. From fruits to oatmeal to coffee, cinnamon makes me feel like I’ve got a touch of luxury going on!
There are also pretty major health benefits to cinnamon! Just a Pinch Recipes has outlined very simply some of these perks. Ready? Hold on because after reading some of these things, you’re gonna be carrying cinnamon in your purse like you do hand spritzer!
- One of the main health benefits of consuming cinnamon is its ability to help the body regulate blood sugar better.
- Research shows that cinnamon can help improve glucose metabolism by up to 20 times!
- Research shows that adding cinnamon can help improve cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Cinnamon’s also is being looked at for its ability to function as an anti-inflammatory.
- Cinnamon is a potent antioxidant rich in polyphenols that can provide you with an immunity boost.
Start looking at all the ways you can incorporate daily cinnamon into your diet. As little as a half teaspoon a day can have great benefits. So when you’re making that peanut butter sandwich, sprinkle on some cinnamon, if you’re having a cup of tea or coffee, yep, a shake of cinnamon. Eating an apple slice? Well, make it tastier with a dusting of cinnamon! Let your imagination soar for the cinnamon effect!