This is good. Real good. Chicken mango fajita bake. Think a warm tender bun with some crispy on the bottom from the baking and grilling in melted butter. Then you’ve got layers of good flavors between the buns. Deli Chicken. Get the kind you like. Maybe mesquite grilled. Maybe honey maple pepper chicken. Have your deli slice it a tad bit ‘thick’.
Topped on this tender slice of chicken will be a melted cheddar cheese. When you cut into it, yes, you’ll want a knife and fork for this hot dog, you’ll get the tender oozing of melted cheese. Then you have bursts of sweetness. Yep, that’s the unexpected that makes your palate ‘jump’ and say, ‘What the heck just happened! I didn’t expect that!’ Seem warm mangoes just get sweeter between these buns.
Yes, the chicken mango fajita bake might just become your hall of fame, go to, most favorite quick and easy night time meal. Throw a salad beside it or make some chips, and you’re got something that fans will rave about. It’s gonna be your next tailgating meal. When the big games and events are on television and you have a crowd, you’re gonna bring out hot cast iron skillets of these luscious most amazing ‘hot dogs’. Be not afraid if you earn a crown and sash as best cook ever! xoxo ~ally
- 4 hot dog buns, regular size
- 4 deli chicken slices, large, fold over
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbl. fajita seasoning mixture
- ¼ tsp. red chili flakes
- ¾ cup DOLE SUNSHINE frozen mango chunks, diced, previously frozen
- 16-20 large fresh spinach leaves
- 4 Tbl. butter, divided, melted
- ½ cup Mexican cheese, grated
- 1 Tbl. fresh flat parsley, chopped
- Your favorite Salsa
- Open the hot dog buns. On each bun (bottom piece) put a slice of deli chicken and cheddar cheese slice. Sprinkle equal amounts of the fajita seasoning and red chili flakes on each.
- Put a few mango chunks, equal amounts, on to the chicken/cheddar slice, then some of the fresh spinach. Fold the top bun over the bottom.
- Heat a cast iron skillet (about 10”+) on medium high heat. Melt two tablespoons of butter. Put the hot dog buns in.
- Drizzle the tops with the remaining melted butter and the grated cheese.
- Cover with a lid.
- Bake in a preheated 425 oven for 5 minutes. Remove. Sprinkle with fresh parsley. Ready to serve.
Serve with a healthy dollop of your favorite salsa!