Here is the ultimate chocolate banana waffle s’mores dessert that’s so stinkin’ simple and easy to do that you’ll wonder why in the world you haven’t done this before. Well, it’s because you didn’t have the idea and recipe. And, now you do!
This dessert is perfect for any occasion, but it’s especially great at a dinner party when you want something ooooeeeyyyy and gooooeeeeyy with the feeling of being outdoors around a campfire then a melting scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. I love the touch of crispy on the marshmallow. Then the addition of a few more fresh bananas, coconut and chocolate pieces drives this simple dish to the edge of magnificent! S’mores never go out of style. And thse banana coconut waffle s’mores are stylish, chic and will capture the hearts of your guests.
If you haven’t tried Dole Sunshine’s dippers, then, wowzeeeeeee, you are missing a great product. Honestly, it’s genius. Bites of fresh fruit, strawberries, pineapple, and bananas dipped in 67% pure cacao. Nothing artificial here. Only the real deal. The real thing. And, eaten straight from the packs, you’re only getting anywhere from 80 to 100 calories. It sure does satisfy that sweet tooth or late night craving for something sweet, but you don’t want to blow the entire evening with hundreds, even thousands of calories.
I’ve used these dippers in so many things. Check out these recipes. Turkish Chocolate Cupcakes. And, Banana Dipper Pancakes. My head is now spinning thinking of a recipe using the pineapple tidbit dippers. Not quite sure what will happen, but know whatever it is, it won’t take much because the dippers are a perfect start!
This recipe is all my individual brain creation (as well as my opinions): it is sponsored by Dole Sunshine. For a complete disclosure, click here.
- Use BROIL on the oven
- 4 ice cream waffle bowls, available in the ice cream section of a grocer
- 1 cup fresh firm bananas, diced
- 3 sleeves Dole Sunshine Banana Dippers, divided
- 4 Tbl, un sweetened organic coconut, divided
- ¼ cup 67%+ chocolate pieces, chunks
- 1 cup mini marshmallows, packed
- 1 cup Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, store bought
- 2 Tbl. powdered sugar, dusting & garnishing
- Turn oven to broil. Have your rack about 8-10” from the broiler.
- Put the waffle bowls on a baking sheet. In each waffle bowl, put equal amounts of the diced fresh bananas. Place three banana dippers on top.
- Sprinkle on each about one-half tablespoon of coconut, plus equal amounts of the chocolate pieces.
- Put under the broiler for about one minute. Watch carefully. Remove and top each with equal amounts of the mini marshmallows and the remaining coconut.
- Place back under the broiler another about one minute. Remove and serve immediately with a small spring scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
If you want to add more pizazz, try a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream or some whipped cream.
The bananas and dippers can be swapped out for frozen pineapple chunks and pineapple dippers or the strawberry dippers and some fresh diced strawberries. Of course, you might have to change the name, but that’s no problem!