I am totally inspired by Epicurious! Am on their newsletter and always love seeing it in my ‘IN’ box. They have on their website a collection of great chicken recipes. Not just one chicken recipe, mind you, but lots of chicken recipes. I mean who doesn’t love chicken. But, we’re all looking for ways to change it up and put a new twist and spin on the popular bird! And, I’ve created this insanely simple and quick ‘Epicurious Creole Chicken Dinner’!
Inspiration for Epicurious Creole Chicken Dinner
OK, so when I’m home alone and want to have something really healthy to eat. You know, something with great protein, vegggies and the colors of the rainbow on my plate, then I come up with almost like ‘instant’ dinners! After stopping at a roadside stand and finding some fresh local just picked zucchini and big ripe local tomatoes, I decided that these would go alongside the organic chicken tenders I had in the refrig. And, I was in the mood for a tad bit of spicy. And, I knew I’d use one of my go to spice mixtures that’s easily found just about everywhere! Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning.
I just snapped with my cell phone these pictures of the finished dish on my kitchen counter. I mean I was sooooooooooo hungry and it smelled soooooooooooo divine, I didn’t take time to food style this recipe and make it look even more deeeeelish! So many added bonuses to this super quick creole chicken dinner. Least of all is that you can go back for seconds and thirds and not feel one iota of guilt!
You’ll probably love this simple chicken recipe, too! I’m talking orange marmalade!!
- Preheat Oven to 400
- 1 to 1.5 lbs. chicken tenders
- 6 Tbl. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp. Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp. coarse ground pepper
- 2 large zucchini, sliced lengthwise into three strips
- 2 large tomatoes, large dice
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1 lemon, juice/zest
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Pile up the chicken tenders in the middle. Drizzle three tablespoons of olive oil, one teaspoon of creole seasoning, one-half teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Toss and coat the tenders. Spread out some on cookie sheet but keeping the tenders close together.
- Line a second cookie sheet with parchment paper. Put the zucchini strips on it. Coat with two tablespoons of olive oil (both sides). Sprinkle on one teaspoon of creole seasoning and one-half teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken tenders and zuchinni in a preheated 400 oven. Remove the zuchinni after about 10 to 12 minutes (it will be al dente).
- Cooking the tender about 17-20 minutes. Remove and cover lightly with foil and let it rest about 3 minutes.
- While the chicken/zuchinni is cooking, prepare the tomato salad. Place in bowl. Add the basil, remaining salt and pepper (to taste), remaining olive oil and squeeze/zest lemon. Toss/blend/serve!
Depending upon the size/thickness of your tenders will determine whether you need more or less cooking time. Keep in mind, you want an internal temperature of about 165.
Smaller thinner tenders will cook faster. Careful not to cook too long and dry them out. If you do, hey, no problem, just toss in with your tomato/basil salad and make it a better salad!