Sometimes I just go to my kitchen and play ‘I spy!’ I’ll scan the kitchen counters for what looks good and what I might be in the mood for. Today I spied some fresh peaches on the counter and a loaf of sliced homemade (well, homemade from Whole Foods) sourdough bread.
Another thing I like to do when I’m creating just a really quick, easy and healthy dish for my snacks (yes, sometimes I fall off the wagon and grab the kettle chips!!) is to come up with something really chic and luxurious looking. I like to add a touch of ‘Boho’ couture. Hey, fashion is just not on the runways of Milan!
Food fashion can be right there in your own kitchen. Now exactly why should you do this? Well, for me, it’s a snippet of pampering, It’s a way to escape some of the reality of the day like laundry, changing beds, cleaning toilets! And, it’s a way to be creative with food, which is a lot of fun. Kinda like playing dress up!
So, this ‘Grilled Fruit Sourdough French Toast’ happens to be one of those dishes that fits into my play-world category…the fashion of food!
- 1 slice sour dough bread
- 2 Tbl. butter, salted (divided)
- ½ fresh peach cut into slices (or frozen peach slices)
- ¼ cup fresh raspberries
- 2 Tbl. goat cheese crumbles
- 1 Tbl. chiffonade fresh mint
- Use one tablesppon of butter to spread on one side of the bread. Set aside.
- In a heavy skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tbl butter. Add peach slices and grill until golden brown on each side. Remove & set aside.
- Add bread, buttered side down, and grill until golden brown. Remove to a plate. Turn off heat.
- Add raspberries to hot skillet and gently toss cooking about 2 minutes.
- Arrange slices of grilled peaches on the toast. Add the raspberries and goat cheese. Garnish with fresh mint.