Let’s make granola cookies with almond butter! Almond butter’s kinda like it’s first-cousin peanut butter, both nuts and smooshed and ground into a luscious butter. Now I find that almond butter separates more than peanut butter if it’s left sitting for a while. By that I mean the oils and actual ‘ground nut meat’ go their own ways. This means that you’ll need to do some serious elbow grease slow slow blending, stirring, and mixing to return it to a almond buttery consistency. Hey, if yours doesn’t do this, then lucky you, I do get a pretty darn good upper right arm work out using the handle of my wooden spoon though.
Sometimes we’re not sure about which nuts to use and why. Well, let’s take away any confusion with this great post from The Healthiest Nut! It focuses on your keto goals. Hey, I’m not doing keto, but I do eat a lot of nuts, so I reckon I’m on the keto edge of eating. This, however, is a very comprehensive article and sure worth the read.
These cookies are so simple to make, and the keep beautifully when put in an air tight container, not quite as crispy when they first come out of the oven, they’re, nonetheless, dang good! Now according to our experts at Wikipedia, ‘It contains significantly more fiber, calcium, potassium, iron and manganese than peanut butter, and about half the saturated fat,’ Bonus points!
Need another almond cookie recipe? Then try these almond lavender butter cookies!
- Preheat oven to 350
- 3 cups granola (your choice)
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup roasted almond butter (smooth and blended)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup self-rising flour
- Combine in a large mixing bowl the granola, grown sugar and blend with your hands. Add the almond butter and work into the mixture using a wooden spoon. This will take some ‘elbow grease’—the mixture should be blended and crumbly.
- Add the eggs and blend into the mixture then work in the flour. Dollop ‘mounds’ (about 2 full tablespoons each)onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet; you could use a spring scoop for this, too.
- Bake in a preheated 350 oven about 8-10 minutes. Remove and let cool. Store in an airtight container.