I’m sure you’ve tasted an udon noodle and they’re the star in this udon noodle breakfast bowl! Yes, they are sooooooooooo good! And, the prepackaged ones are sooooooooooooo convenient! I mean, isn’t that part of what we’re looking for when cooking? Taking some shortcuts and having some conveniences that save time and don’t keep us chained to the kitchen!
What Makes This Udon Noodle Breakfast Bowl Special
Well, I think there are several things that make this breakfast bowl special. First of all, it’s served in a bowl. Usually with breakfast the only thing we use a bowl for is cereal or something like hot oatmeal or cream of wheat. Another thing, I’m asking you to warm that bowl. Now make sure you can put your bowl in the oven. It’s on very low, of course, and I’m telling you it will make all the difference when you put everything in.
Another special things about this recipe is that you’re going to basically use the same skillet to do the bacon then you’re going to have the great seasonings and flavors in there to help make your noodles even tastier! I suppose the best thing about this recipe that makes it special is that you’re usually not eating noodles for breakfast and veggies like the broccoli and red peppers. Now, make sure you fix your egg to the finish that suits your palate. You can also do a sunnyside egg if you don’t want to soft boil. Whatever you do, I think you’re going to really enjoy this shift in breakfast! And, let your imagination soar with other udon noodle bowl ideas for brekkie!! xxo ~ally
PS: I’ve put a link to udon noodles on Amazon…be sure to get the prepackaged ready to use. Otherwise, you’ll have an additional step of cooking noodles! I always keep several packages of these noodles in my pantry. They come in handy for soooooooooooooo many things!!
Here’s another tasty udon noodle recipe and we’re talking shrimp!
- Preheat oven to 170
- 3 eggs, soft boiled
- 2 sausage patties
- 2 cups broccoli flowerets
- 1 pouch (7.1 oz.) Udon noodles
- 2 Tbl. sesame oil
- 2 Tbl. soy sauce, low sodium
- ¼ cup red peppers, diced
- 1 tsp. coarse ground pepper, divided
- Place the serving bowls in the warm oven.
- Put the eggs in a saucepan. Cover with water. Put on high blaze. Bring to boil and cook 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from blaze and let the eggs sit about 90 seconds. Drain hot water and cover with cold water to stop cooking. Set aside. Peel when cool. Slice in halves (lengthwise) when ready to serve.
- Coat a heavy skillet over medium heat with cooking spray. Let it get hot. Put the sausage patties in and fry on each side about 2-3 minutes. When you flip the patties, smoosh down to flatten some. Remove to a plate.
- Add the broccoli to the pan. Coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with one-half teaspoon of pepper. Cover and steam about 4-5 minutes turning occasionally. When tender, but still al dente, put equal amounts in each bowl.
- Microwave the Udon noodles (still in the package) on high for 75 seconds. Remove and cut open the packaging. Using the same skillet on medium heat, add the sesame oil and the noodles. Cover and let them steam about 2-3 minutes. Use a fork to gently separate the noodles. Add the soy and blend. Cover and cook another 3 minutes. Add the diced red peppers. Turn off heat. Cover and steam about 2 minutes.
- Time to plate your breakfast bowl. Add some Udon noodles to each, the sausage pattie and three soft boiled egg halves. Sprinkle with the remaining pepper.