The Best Kahlua Dessert Cocktail
A Kahlua Dessert Cocktail is double duty! A great cocktail plus our dessert! And, a bonus. Yes! it’s got some nutrition in it! Take a peek!
First of all, what is kahlua?
It’s a simple albeit delicious blend of rum and coffee beans. The coffee beans are 100% Arabica coffee beans, and that gives it an intense and deep flavor and color.
What Can you Mix Kahlua With?
I say you can mix about anything with Kahlua. And, don’t forget that you can also use it in recipes.
This coffee liqueur is one of the primary ingredients in so many of the globe’s most favorite cocktails.
Drinks Made with Kahlua
Kahlua does have caffeine in it, of course, so if you ask for a ‘decaf’ kahlua, you might get a puzzled look.
Lots of our most popular classic and iconic drinks are made with Kahlua, White Russian, Colorado Bulldog, Black Russian, Mudslide, Espresso Martini and more.
Bone Broth Drinks
Bone broth in cocktails or mocktails. Reeeeeallly!
Yes! It’s replacing coffee and tea in pantries as the liquid of choice for sipping.
And, why not add a splash of healthy to our cocktails/mocktails!
Sometimes bartenders are calling these ‘stock’ tails. Clever, huh?
And, if you’re putting bone broth into your mixture, you’ll want to use THE best you can buy. You’re not using a lot of it, so splurge on grassfed and/or pasture-raised bone broth that’s simmered for 14+ hours.
I’m talking Kettle and Fire bone broths and soups. Take a look, and if you want to order, you’ll not be disappointed. Yes, a little pricey (aren’t all products with clean ingredients more expensive, sad but true), but with my discount code at checkout, ALLYSKITCHEN, you’ll save 20% on your order.
And, if you’re reading this post during the month of DECEMBER 2022, then you’re going to get 25% off your entire order! Not too shabby!
Chicken Broth Drink Recipe
Chicken bone broth is certainly simple to incorporate into a healthy drink mixture. It tends to absorb and complement the other ingredients, I think.
Now, I’m not a trained mixologist, I just know that when I sip something, I want it to be good.
And, this is definitely in that category. Maybe better than good. GREAT!
Chicken bone broth is not your only choice for using in your mixes. Why not beef bone broth, too. You have to try my Ultimate Bloody Bones Martini! I mean it’s the perfect drink, cocktail or mocktail, for holidays when family and friends are over for breakfast and brunch!
Creamy Kahlua Cocktails
I’ve added some additional nutrient value and creaminess to this mixture by using coconut cream.
It’s in a can. It’s full fat. It’s not coconut milk. It’s unsweetened, but when you taste this creamy coconut cream, you’ll wonder how Mother Nature sweetens it so magnificently.
Drinks to Make with Kahlua
If you’re looking for ideas for Kahlua, then check out these ideas from Advanced Mixology. Some really great ideas!
Best Kahlua Cocktails
As for me, I think this mixture concoction is THE best Kahlua recipe out there. It combines that love of kahlua, but also gives us a kick of nutrients with the bone broth. What’s not to love about sipping something that’s delicious and also includes a little’ bit of good for us in it.
Kahlua Cocktails without Milk
And, this drink is dairy-free! Whoooooooooo Hooooooooooooo for all my lactose intolerant folks out there.
Coconut cream is the ‘creamy milk’ of choice in this recipe, and it’s flavor and texture far exceeds, I think in my humble mixology mind, dairy! Not that I’m a dairy-free person. I love my Bessie the Cow milk, half and half, cream, ice cream and more! However, sometimes, it’s nice to let my gut take a break.
The Best Kahlua Dessert Cocktail
- 1/3 cup Kettle and Fire chicken bone broth
- 1 heaping Tbl. Hazelnut spread + more for coating the rims of the serving glasses
- 4 oz. kahlua
- 2 oz. vodka
- 1/3 cup coconut cream, unsweetened, not coconut milk
- 2 candy canes, crushed
- GARNISH: Toasted mini marshmallows on a 6” skewer
- Put the serving glasses in the freezer to chill. In a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine together the bone broth, one heaping tablespoon of the hazelnut spread, kahlua, vodka and coconut cream. Whisk together into a smooth mixture. Remove from the heat.
- Use a large martini shaker filled about halfway with ice cubes. Pour in the mixture and shake a lot. Set aside. Spread about two more tablespoons of the hazelnut spread on a small round plate (about the size of the serving glass rim). Put the crushed peppermint sticks in a like saucer.
- Remove the chilled glasses from the freezer. Turn upside down on the hazelnut spread and twist coating the rim. Then gently roll the rim in the crushed peppermint. Repeat with the second glass.
- Put several pieces of ice in each glass. Give the martini shaker another good shake and pour into the glasses over the ice. Garnish with the toasted skewer of marshmallows. Serve immediately.