This Brussels Sprouts and Eggs recipe is simple, easy, healthy, low glycemic, keto and super healthy! Roast the sprouts ahead of time!
Brussel Sprouts Breakfast
I believe that eggs are “purt” (that’s Hillbillie talk and remember I was born and raised in WV!) near close to a perfect food.
Brussel Sprouts Breakfast Recipe
I mean they’re just so versatile and can be made into so many things. Nothing’s better for me than soft-boiled eggs or sunnyside up eggs.
Brussel Sprouts for Breakfast
Of course, I’ll never turn down a plate of creamy scrambled eggs, a great frittata or omelet! And, let’s remember the Croque Madame is near heavenly!
Tasty Breakfast Ideas
Serving food in a rustic fashion means having all the splatters, spills, smudges and runs that come naturally in cooking.
Easy Breakfast Ideas Healthy
So, serve this dish right from the skillet or scoop out on to individual plates.
Oh oh, make sure those plates have been warmed. Yes, a fine delicacy when eating and easy to do by just warming the plates for a few minutes in the oven at a low temperature.
- Preheat oven to 425
- 3 cups fresh Brussel sprouts, ends cut off & sliced in halves lengthwise
- 2 Tbl. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic
- 2 Tbl. Italian seasoning blend, can substitute Greek seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. red chili flakes
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut lengthwise in halves
- 2-4 eggs, your choice
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Put the Brussels sprouts on the cookie sheet, drizzle on the olive oil, balsamic, sprinkle on seasoning blend, salt and chili flakes. Toss and blend the Brussels sprouts with your hands. Roast in a pre-heated 425 oven for 12-15 minutes. Remove and scrape into an 8-10" cast iron skillet.
- Place the skillet on the blaze over medium low heat. Add the tomatoes. Crack the eggs on top. Cover with a lid. Cook slowly steaming the eggs until the whites are done and the yolks are yellow (Sunnyside). If you prefer your eggs more well done, then cook a little longer.
- Remove and serve immediately.