Nothing’s more sexxxy and special on Valentine’s Day than to make something sweet with your own littl’ two hands for your sweetheart! And, this red dragon sweetheart cake will win rave reviews. Now, if you know me well, you know that I consider myself a bush league baker. In other words, my forte isn’t pastry and sweets. But, I must say, I kind of outdid myself on this one!
Why go out on Valentine’s Day? The kitchen is an erotic environment if you know how to fashion it that way. These small cakes are perfect for 2-4 people! And when Valentine’s Day is over, you can just omit the red and have a decadent chocolate espresso sinfully good cake. We’ll rename it from ‘Red Dragon’ to ‘Espresso Dragon’!
- Preheat oven to 350
- 1 cup (2 sticks) room temperature salted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 beaten eggs room temperature
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 Tbl. instant espresso coffee
- 1/3 cup chocolate flavored vodka (optional—substitute brewed coffee)
- ¼ cup brewed coffee, room temperature or cold
- 3 tsp. red food coloring
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with a mixer. Add in the vanilla and eggs and beat until fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Blend in the vodka and brewed coffee.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder and espresso. Sift twice.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and blend well. Add in the food coloring (your preference to add or not) and blend well. Fold in the semi-sweet chocolate.
- Bake in a preheated 350 oven for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean from the center.
- Let cool completely. Ice with a cream cheese icing (or your preference) or dust with confectionary sugar—your choice!