Cheeeekin! Who doesn’t love chicken. In fact, chicken is one of the most searched food recipes! Everyone’s looking for new recipes to use with chicken. All kinds of cuts of chicken. Whole chickens. Bone in chicken. Boneless skinless chicken. Chicken tenders, breasts, legs, thighs. Everything! Yes, chicken is one popular meat! And, once you taste this mango chicken, you’re gonna be doing more chicken!
Chicken & Mangoes
Nothing goes better with chicken than delicious mangoes. And, this puree is just so easy to make. It’s sweet and spicy and once it coats the chicken pieces, well, you’ll see why it’s gonna be a favorite recipe going forward. On busy weeknights, it’s important to save time, but still eat healthy. And, using the super foods blends from Birds Eye (found in frozen food case) sure does help with getting things done fast. I always keep a big bag of fresh organic greens in my crisper, too. Love these greens naked or if you want to toss in some vinaigrette or your fave dressing, have at it.
Oh, here’s another awesome meatball recipe using ground chicken (cashew chicken meatballs!). Promise you’ll LOVE! And, it’s super simple and quick!
- MANGO PUREE:
- 12 oz. mango chunks, previously frozen and thawed
- ¼ cup Thai Mango Sauce, Thai Kitchen Brand
- 1 Tbl. + 1 tsp. Gochujang, Korean Chili Sauce
- 8 oz. Pineapple Juice
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into about 1 ½” chunks
- 2 tsp. Garlic Herb Seasoning mixture, no salt
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 3 Tbl. olive oil
- 1 (10 oz.) bag Super Foods Blend Black Rice & Edamame, Birds Eye Brand
- 3 cups fresh greens, packed, i.e., baby kale, baby bok choy, spinach/arugula, European blend
- Take eight to ten mango chunks and dice into small pieces. Set aside.
- Place the remaining mangoes, mango sauce, gochujang sauce and pineapple juice in a food processor and pulse into a very smooth creamy mixture. Refrigerate.
- Put the chicken chunks in a mixing bowl. Add the garlic herb seasoning, salt and pepper and toss and blend well coating all pieces.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet on medium high. When hot, add the olive oil. Add the chicken chunks and pan sear on all sides to a golden brown. Reduce heat to medium and cook another 7 to 10 minutes (uncovered).
- When done turn off heat and add one cup of the mango puree. Toss, blend and coat all pieces. Cover until plating.
- Prepare the frozen vegetables per the instructions on the bag. When done, add salt and pepper to taste and one-half cup of the mango puree blended into the vegetables.
©ally’s kitchen intellectual property