The best taste testers for ice cream that I make? My three and five year old grandsons! Yep, they will be truthful. They will let you know from the expression on their faces whether it’s good or not. And, they will confirm two thumbs up for a new recipe like this lemon mango no churn ice cream by asking for seconds! And, that’s exactly what happened when I served them this dessert!
Oh, yes, when they saw the littl’ mango chunks, I told them that this was the ‘surprise’ in the ice cream! Bingo! They’re the lucky winner of a bite of fresh sweet mango! This ice cream is no churn, ridiculously easy to make and all it needs is time to freeze after you’ve assembled it in the food processor. The kids can make this with you. In fact, before long, they’ll be making their own ice cream with so many of the delicious frozen fruits from Dole Sunshine!
Actually, this can be an ‘elegant’ ice cream, too. It scoops so flawlessly when you let it thaw for a while before serving. Why now serve with a small butter cookie or put side by side vanilla and mango ice cream scoops. Small ones. Just enough to tickle the palate after a big meal.
- 1 (22oz.) Lemon Pie Filling & Topping
- 12 oz. Dole Sunshine frozen mango chunks
- 1 ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbl. fresh mint, chopped + more for garnish
- Put the lemon filling, mango chunks, whipping cream, vanilla and one tablespoon fresh mint in a food processor. Pulse about 60 seconds or until the mixture is a thick consistency.
- Some mango chunks will continue to be whole but smaller. That’s ok. These become the surprise bites!
- Pour into a bread loaf pan. Cover with doubled foil.
- Put in the freezer for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight. When ready to serve, remove and let the ice cream soften, about 20 minutes. Scoop and serve.
Take out of the freezer and let thaw about 20-30 minutes before serving.