I went to the grocery store for whipped cream cheese. That was the onnnnleeee thing I needed. I intentionally didn’t get a cart, not even one of the tiny ones. By the time I reached checkout, and the only reason I did go to the checkout, was because my arms were full! Yes, I not only had the cream cheese, but chicken, tomatoes, basil, and more. And, of course, I had a bunch of leeks! I mean they looked so fresh and good.
Probably what was subconsciously driving me was the chilly weather that was accentuated by rain and that wet go-through-your-bones cold. I was craving a hot creamy soup. And, that’s how this coconut curry leek corn chowder was born. Isn’t it curious how the mind and heart work together to move you to choices in life? This soup is a great one for you…enjoy, my luvs!
Another great soup recipe? Cabbage Roll Soup!
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, fried, crumbled and drippings reserved
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 leeks, cleaned & sliced thinly (about 4 cups)
- 3 cups potatoes, skin on, diced
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- ½ tsp. red chili flakes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 13.5 oz. coconut milk, blend together into thick mixture as it separates in the can
- 2 Tbl. Water + 1 Tbl. Corn starch, blended into a slurry
- Put the bacon drippings in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and leeks and sauté about 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes and blend. Reduce heat to medium low. Mix curry, cumin, salt, pepper and chili flakes, blend and sprinkle into the pot. Mix well.
- Add the broth and coconut milk and blend. Cover and let this mixture cook 30 minutes.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g