The Best Charred Avocado Toast
Charred Avocado Toast is the kind of breakfast that makes you feel good right down to your bones! Yes, you’re gonna char that avocado!
How to Make Avocado Toast
Avocado toast is as easy to make as a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! There’s no cooking other than charring the avocado. And, this take no time at all!
Simple Avocado Toast Recipe
You’re going to get even more flavor from your avocado by grilling or charring it in a skillet! It just brings out the flavors. And, there’s nothing more belly-warming that creamy warm avocado mash!
Best Avocado Toast
What makes this charred avocado toast the best? Well, we’re going to season the charred tender warm avocado with spices and citrus. Everything will pop! You’ll be so glad you took the time to pull out the skillet and do this.
Toast with Egg and Avocado
Now avocados are known to be insanely nutritious. In fact, according to Medical News Today:
Avocados are a source of vitamins C, E, K, and B6, as well as riboflavin, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and potassium. They also provide lutein, beta carotene, and omega-3 fatty acids. Avocados contain high levels of healthy, beneficial fats, which can help a person feel fuller between meals.
Here are some other reasons to have avocados in your diet:
- Heart healthy
- Great for Vision
- May help with Osteoporosis
- Components may help prevent cancer
- Improves digestion
- May reduce depression risk
- Natural detoxifier
I served with soft boiled eggs making this avocado charred toast like a full breakfast! If you haven’t tried my recipe for the perfect soft boiled eggs, then join the hundreds of others who swear by this recipe!
And, if soft boiled isn’t your preference, then by all means try an Appalachian lace egg!
Avocado Toast with Egg
You can decide whether to serve with an egg or not. For me, it’s a natural add on that’s perfect with this avocado toast.
What you have is a healthy filling meal without all the calories and empty nutrients!
Avocado on Toast
Most folks will just mash the avocado and put it on toast.
By grilling and charring it in a hot skillet, you’re going to bring out more of the flavor. It’s going to be more creamy and smooth and velvety.
We’re adding some spices that will elevate the overall flavor profile!
Toppings for Avocado Toast
Now you can decide your toppings for this toast, but for us, it was definitely thinly sliced sweet Vidalia onions, tomatoes and cucumbers. What we have is the crunch from the cukes and the juicy from the tomatoes. And, who doesn’t love tomatoes and onions together. Then topping the toast is some olive oil and freshly chopped celery leaves. They’re more flavorful, I think, than say flat parsley or curly parsley, and they add so much to the depth of taste.
Best Bread for Avocado Toast
Choosing the type of bread is a real personal choice. For us, it’s got to be a crusty sourdough.
Toasting it to a golden brown adds more crisp and crunch. Once you slather on all the charred avocado mash and toppings, you’ll see that the toast softens and is easier to cut and bite into.
Another great bread? French baguette!
The Best Charred Avocado Toast
- 3 pieces thick cut slices of bread, toasted
- 1 large avocado, cut in half and scooped out in halves
- 2 Tbl. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. coarse ground pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1/2 cup sweet onions, thinly sliced in half moon shapes
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, sliced or diced
- 1/2 cup cocktail cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbl. celery leaves, chopped
- 3 soft boiled eggs, optional
- In a small non-stick skillet over medium high heat, put one tablespoon of olive oil. Let it get hot. Put the avocado halves 'face down' (pit side) and let them grill and char about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook on the rounded side a couple of minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Put the avocados in a shallow bowl. Mash up. Add the cumin, paprika, salt, pepper and lemon juice and blend into a mashed mixture.
- On the toast put equal amounts of the avocado mash. Top with sliced onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, celery leaves. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle on more pepper.
- Serve with slice soft boiled eggs (optional).