Recipes that are quick, easy, fun and super tasty with just a few ingredients always appeal to everyone. Doesn’t matter whether you’re a Millennial or GenX’er working long tough hours, a single mama trying to bring home the bacon and have healthy and nutritious meals for your kiddos, empty nesters who don’t want to be tied to the kitchen but who want to cook or a seasoned master home cook who has an extreme passion for cooking, these #sharethesunshine recipes using Dole Sunshine products will make your life easier!
These strawberry chocolate beignets are the perfect petite dessert that gives you the WOW factor in flavors. You have that sweet tooth satisfied. You get your fix of chocolate and it’s rich 67% cacao at that. All melted and oozing from crispy flaky puff pastry.
It’s really hard to believe that essentially there are only three ingredients in this recipe. If you count the garnish, even using all three, you’re still just at six ingredients! Now that’s definitely easy and fast. You’ll deem yourself the kitchen Houdini when you whip these up and serve them. The only thing you’ll have to do after you pull them from the oven and exercise restraint. In other words, stop at one. I know it’s going to be tough because these warm strawberry chocolate beignets are quite stellar, even if I say so myself! xo ~ally
This is a #sponsored post. For a full disclosure, please click here.
- Preheat oven to 350
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 sleeve Dole Sunshine Strawberry Dippers, 4 strawberry halves
- 2 tsp. strawberry jam
- Powdered sugar dusting
- 4 tsp. cool whip (optional)
- Chocolate square, grated (optional)
- Put the puff pastry sheet on a cookie sheet coated with cooking spray. Use your fingers and hands to stretch from the original size of about 3x9” to 5x11”. Cut into 4 equal ‘squares’.
- Put ½ teaspoon of strawberry jam on each square (towards one end leaving about ½” with just dough). Place the strawberry on the jam. Fold over the dough. Press together the three open sides with the tines of a fork (closing it).
- Bake in a preheated 350 oven about 22-25 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with a dollop of cool whip and grated chocolate if it suits your fancy.
Be sure to watch my VITTLES video at the end. I'm like Hitchcock always making an 'appearance' in these cutie videos!