Thanks to Dole Sunshine for partnering with me for this post! I am the creator of this recipe and for the description and information that follows. For a full disclosure, click here!
You have to love love healthy simple smoothies that have so much versatility. And, that’s what you’re getting with this lemongrass ginger mixed berry smoothie and the idea of a ‘smoothie bar’! Perfect for a child’s birthday party, too! I mean imagine this smoothie bar and all the littl’ munchkins choosing their own toppings. And, with you in control of what’s put on the ‘bar’ then you can make sure it’s all healthy and good for these kiddos!
There’s some unique flavors in this smoothie with the lemongrass and ginger, but the star of the smoothie, of course, are the mixed berries! I love to pull out from the bag some of the berries I might want to use as garnish and you can see I found some mighty fine looking blackberries, blueberries and more! I’m loving how Dole Packaged Foods is offering us 40 ounce bags of mixed berries, AND you get several convenient pre-portioned individual packets in this bag. Perfect for a quick smoothie or snack! This makes for less clumping and freezer burn!
Wait til you see all the healthiness in this mixed berry smoothie! Some unexpected tastiness that’s just so simple and easy. No cooking. Just pull out your food processor or blender and you’re in business!
lemongrass ginger mixed berry smoothie bowl bar
- 3 cups Dole Packaged Foods Mixed Berries, partially thawed
- 3 tsp. Gourmet Gardens Lemongrass Paste
- 1 tsp. Gourmet Gardens Ginger Paste
- 3 Tbl. honey
- 1 (6 oz.) Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 avocado, scooped from shell
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- TOPPING BAR OPTIONS:
- Salted Pistachios, chopped
- Almonds, chopped
- Walnuts, chopped
- Dole Packaged Foods Dates, sliced in small pieces
- Dole Packaged Foods Golden Raisins
- Vanilla Yogurt Pretzels, roughly chopped
- Banana Chips
- Toasted Unsweetened Coconut
- Orange triangles, seedless, lightly dusted with ground cinnamon
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Granola Mix
- Combine the berries, lemongrass, ginger, honey, yogurt, avocado and salt in a food processor or blender.
- Blend into a thick creamy mixture.
- Serve in small bowls. Have a variety of toppings available for garnishing and topping the mixed berry smoothie bowl.
Smoothie bars are a great weekend adventure! Start with this delicious mixture and let your family, friends and guests create and design their own bowls using a variety of toppings!
This can also be an amazing dessert! If you want to add some libation flair, drizzle lightly on top of each serving some Kahlua, Bailey's or your fave after dinner drink.
This mixed berry smoothie makes a fabulous topping for angel food cake, ice cream, pound cake and more!
©ally’s kitchen intellectual property