Weekends are probably the highlight of most people’s week. And, why not make each morning special, especially when it’s a long weekend like Labor Day, maybe a special weekend like Mother’s or Father’s Day.
Now you don’t even need a special weekend to makes these coconut crème pancakes! They’re special and should be enjoyed annnneeeetime. And, don’t forget, if you want to use these as a dessert pancake, go for it~~yep, they’re that light, fluffy and boholicious.
These pancakes, which also can be waffles, are loaded with coconut…coconut oil, coconut milk and shredded coconut…of course, I love it, so the more the better for my palate. If you want to make them gluten-free, then just swap out the regular flour with something like rice, oatmeal or almond, and you’re in business!
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 Tbl. coconut oil
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Cooking spray (I used coconut oil cooking spray.)
- In a large mixing bowl, put the eggs and whisk together until frothy and fluffy (about 60 seconds). Add the coconut milk and oil and whisk another 30-45 seconds. Add the sweetened condensed milk vanilla and sour cream and whisk about 60 seconds.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder into the wet mixture and blend well. Fold in the shredded coconut.
- In a large (about 10” diameter) non-stick skillet over medium heat, let the skillet get hot then coat it lightly with cooking spray. Pour about ¼ to 1/3 cup batter per pancake grilling two pancakes at a time. Don’t crowd the skillet.
- Let the pancakes cook over medium to medium low heat about 2 to 2 ½ minutes on the first side. (The edges of the pancake will begin to bubble and the batter starts to lose its shine.) Gently flip and cook another about 2 ½ minutes on the other side.
- Remove to a plate and repeat, re-spraying the skillet as needed, until all the batter is done.
- Serve immediately with butter and syrup or fresh berries!