At first this was dubbed a ‘BBQ’ sauce, then I thought about it, perrrzackley 5 seconds, and said, ‘Nah, this would be an everything sauce!’ Why not dollop it on a baked potato, slather it on a chicken wing, dip a cracker into it, or mix some slow cooked pork, beef, chicken, whatever, with it…then, of course, you can throw some into your chili, sloppy Joes or use as a sandwich spread.
This ‘Apricot Asian Spicy Everything Sauce’ has no business being pigeon-holed as BBQ. It’s an ‘everything’ sauce that spices up whatever you’re eating!
Apricot Asian Spicy Everything Sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup Hoisin sauce
- 2 tbl soy sauce low sodium
- 2 tbl Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 ½ tsp Chili Garlic Sauce (Oriental or your preference for a ‘spicy/heat’ sauce)
- 2 tbl rice vinegar
- 4 tbl apricot preserves (microwave about 25 seconds to soften)
- 1 tsp coarse ground pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup thinly sliced chiffonade green onion tops (for garnish)
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and blend. Let sit and marinade for an hour or more before using.
©ally’s kitchen intellectual property